The Five People I Will Meet in Heaven but Wish I Had More Time on Earth With
This idea came to this past week as I was again traveling around some old and some not so old stomping grounds of mine. As a man always looking for other men to sharpen me (in a Paul and Timothy sort of way, I mean), let me list these five people that, try as I may, I just don't get to spend enough time around:
1. Roger Massey - missionary in Croatia and a guy whose newsletters I put down Sports Illustrated and John Grisham to read.
2. Chris Guild - humility personified. People like me need people like him to rub off on people like me.
3. Jamey Miller - The 5 minutes of conversation we've shared the last 5 years have me looking forward to an eternity in heaven of just listening to his heart.
4. Pat Bennett - great in his business, better in his family, best in his desire to know God above all else.
5. Philip Browne - he who was once just my little brother is now a man who I would love to be like when I grow up.
God has me in a place of being Paul to a lot of Timothys right now. That's fine but I long to be a Timothy sometimes as well. It'd be an honor to be a Timothy to any one of these brothers...