From a first time blogger, thoughts about life from an American missionary now living in the US after years in Russia and doing a lot of back and forth. Family stuff, Christian content, sports innuendo and lots of quotes from good books.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Though I Do Love Sports...

Here's two "hot stories" in the world of sports that I care nothing about:

1. David Beckham and his arrival into MLS. Whoop Tee Freakin' Doo! I just don't get the whole Beckham thing. Beckham and Harry Potter should just disappar on an island together and have it out. Last one standing is...well, a loner. I just don't get it.

2. Barry Bonds' pursuit of Hank Aaron's home run record. Surley, distant, cocky, smart alleck are all words that readily come to mind describing Barry. My only fond memory of him ever was in the 1992 National League Championship Series when Sid Bream beat out his throw from left field to catcher Spanky Lavallee and the Braves won the NL pennant. That was a great moment in my and Barry's relationship. Everything else is island worthy with Potter and Beckham in my book.

I'm a sports fan, yes, but I do have my limits.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget Bakham's wife Victoria from Spice Girls. She needs to go to that island too.

3:10 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

Okay, Harry does not need to go to that island. Pick up the first book- you'll see. You know, John Burnette just decided to start reading HP.
And where's the opinion about Michael Vick? Do you think he should be suspended? Should they leave him alone until the trial is finished? What kind of sicko watches puppies die for fun?!

1:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home