From a first time blogger, thoughts about life from an American missionary now living in the US after years in Russia and doing a lot of back and forth. Family stuff, Christian content, sports innuendo and lots of quotes from good books.

Friday, June 29, 2007

Haircut Day

Definitely true and probably odd but...I try to only get my haircut in Novosibirsk. Seriously, I plan my haircuts around when I'll be in Novosibirsk. I only get 2-3 haircuts a year in the States and the rest are in Novosibirsk. I just love the way they do it here. I even bring my friends (Rob Scott, Jim Pack, my father in law, David Hennessey...wait he has no hair to cut) when they come here. We have a friend, Marina, who has cut our hair since we moved here in 2000. She's a good friend and has always been able to make my boys looks great (not a huge thing) and me not bad either (a monumental challenge). Amazingly, I get here a shampoo, cut, style, and blow dry for about $6. Try that at a boutiquey kinda salon the States! She even asks how Jim and Rob and the others are whenever I come in. Yesterday was haircut day here in Novosibirsk and we all are thankful for it.

The proof is, I hope, in the pictures.






3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

6 bucks is good deal.

5:22 AM

 
Blogger Jim said...

It's true-Marina is the best! Thanks Rob for rubbing it in...I just spent 25 bucks on an average haircut. I now realize that you have lurred me into this trap and I will now never be satisfied with haircuts in the States again.

11:23 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

Looks great! =)

11:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home