From a first time blogger, thoughts about life from an American missionary now living in the US after years in Russia and doing a lot of back and forth. Family stuff, Christian content, sports innuendo and lots of quotes from good books.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Home Again

Well, we're back in Novosibirsk for the summer. Walking into our apartment on Monday morning with my family was an answered prayer. Leaving last August was necessary and a decision none of us regret. Having a whole summer to be here again with our whole family is necessary and is also a decision none of us regret. In a sense, we left home on Saturday in Atlanta. In another sense, we got home on Monday morning when we walked back into this apartment. In yet another sense, we are still not sure where home will be. I can't figure it out really. It's just that way.

I have the greatest sons in the world. People are in awe of how well we travel together. I guess it is just because they are so used to it but we did two 7 plus hour flights with little more than a whine or two. Everything went great. As good as my boys are, my wife is even better. Right down to the snacks and toys, they have in their respective carry ons all the goodies they need for a trip half way around the world.

Siberia in May is beautiful. Green is starting to burst forth, temps are in the 60's and 70's and everyone is thrilled that the winter is behind them. My boys were hoping to see some snow on the ground when we landed. It suited me to fine to see none.

My dear friend, Chris, set me up with a wireless router a few months ago that I had sent here to Novosibirsk with a friend who was coming. Alex, another dear friend (I've got a ton of dear friends...I'm very blessed) who lives in our place while we don't, set up a wireless network here in our flat. From dial up to wireless ethernet in one calender year...and in the middle of Siberia no less. Not bad at all.

That'll do for now. Just wanted to say we're here and ready for a fantastic summer in front of us...

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt Elliott said...

Does all this techno-news mean you're going to continue to post to your blog?? I hope so!

Miss you guys already...

10:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure glad yall made it over there safely. I know the people over there are glad to see the green earth again.

4:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home