From a first time blogger, thoughts about life from an American missionary now living in the US after years in Russia and doing a lot of back and forth. Family stuff, Christian content, sports innuendo and lots of quotes from good books.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Add It To Our Lingo

For those paying attention to Atlanta area news this week, this will make sense. For others, see www.whattheheckwereyouthinking.com.

While I am very glad this did not end in the death of anyone, I've got a new term I want to add to popular American English for cold feet, quick flight, exit stage left, and a host of other terms/phrases meaning "to up and disappear". The term: pulling a Jennifer Wilbanks.

Usage? Here are some examples:

"Man, things are getting tense here in the office. I'm gonna pull a Jennifer Wilbanks!"

"This is all too much on me right now. I'm JW-ing it."

"Hey! What are you thinking? You can't Jennifer Wilbanks us. We need you."

"If you can't stand the heat, Jennifer Wilbanks!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've already assured TJ that I have made no bus ticket purchases to New Mexico or to anywhere else for that matter! Wow, what a story. I'd say she's got some serious issues to work out.

3:19 PM

 
Blogger Rob said...

Leah, just think if you pulled a JW on TJ. He's no John Mason. TJ is one person I would NOT want chasing me down. Stay at home girl. Stay at home!

12:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home