From a first time blogger, thoughts about life from an American missionary now living in the US after years in Russia and doing a lot of back and forth. Family stuff, Christian content, sports innuendo and lots of quotes from good books.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Lookin' for a new team...

Didn't I write this just last October???

Those (stinkin') Braves have (again) ripped my (aching) heart out. When will I learn? I'm like the girlfriend that keeps getting slapped around by her man but just won't leave him. I just keep coming back for more. How to make it stop? Sweet talking my man won't work. He don't listen no way. Ignoring him won't do it either. He really don't need my attention. Walking away and finding another man? Maybe but who to choose? Where else can I be guaranteed a post season trip every year? Pittsburgh ain't gonna give me that for a decade to come. Washington has no history, Philly is...well, Philly. Florida has no draw at all as the New York of the south. The Mets overspend and underdeliver year after year after year. And on and on and on it goes. I'm committed to the NL but I can't be a West Coast guy. Even the Central is a bit far away plus I'm a lifetime "sworn to hate the Reds" man. Houston is a great pick but I'm not just gotta hop on the wagon for a fun ride. Bagwell is done, Biggio is next, Clemens can't go on forever (can he?) and those young stars will leave (see Carlos Beltran for proof). The Cubs would give me more grief than Atlanta does. St. Louis is the same as Houston though times 100. I'm definitely an eastern leaner when it comes to pro sports. What to do? Good news is I have all October, November, December, January and the first 12 days of February to decide. Stay tuned cause something has gotta change and, for once, I just might have the courage to do it...

3 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Only sports fans need reply. Thank you for playing. Now bye bye!

11:55 PM

 
Blogger Rob said...

You think Pirate fans live with this agony? They expect nothing and get nothing. I've been here since the day of Buzz Capra, Mahler and Zane and pray for rain, 2 time MVP Dale Murphy on a losing team, Barry Bonnell hitting clean up, and on and on and on. To get close though and get eliminated (tell your Astros there are 27 and not 26 outs in a game in a game by the way) hurts me MUCH worse than the expectationless misery we lived through around here from 70-81 and then 85 to whenever this current run started. Me fickle? Hardly bro! It hurts like heck and I'm tired of the pain. Maybe the Junior Circuit does have something to offer...

5:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'd have to say Houston is the team to go with these days. We're going to the world series despite the loss of beltran and others. It's a great program and has a great future and is finally going to get some of the respect it deserves and has deserved for so many years. You can't have a better manager than Phil Garner and the new young general manager will be finding great talent for years to come. Biggio doesn't play like an old player yet, so don't rush him. Bags might prove to be a good DH in this series too. I was reading an article about Houstons NLCS win in the New York times and it referred to Houston as that pesky little team from Texas. Pesky? Maybe, Little? I don't think so. People in Houston are so tired of that junk. It will be an interesting series i think. So go ahead, get on the Astros Bandwagon and stay there, you definitely need something different from Chipper.

12:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home