From a first time blogger, thoughts about life from an American missionary now living in the US after years in Russia and doing a lot of back and forth. Family stuff, Christian content, sports innuendo and lots of quotes from good books.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Old Pictures, New Quotes, Same Laughs


I recently stumbled across a rather large box (think my shoe size) of pictures as far back as my grandfather as a child to my dad as a child to me as a child. There are some very funny and very moving pictures of my past and my family's past. I've been weepy all day today thinking about dad who passed away 9 months ago. I also have laughed to the point of tears (same destination - tears - but many ways to get there) at some of the pictures of me as a young 'un. Most disturbing was my hair and the fact that I am at wearing a UGA jersey. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll share on particular picture which pretty much assures I won't sleep tonight. How did my parents even let me out of the house looking like that? Man, I'm bordering on bitter here.

Anyway, it was a very reflective weekend about my home. I like that. I have a family I'm quite proud of and it is great to see from where we have all come.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the jersey.

10:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That shirt was from the days when you had some taste Rob!! Very sorry about the passing of your father.

12:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Dawgs. You can't resist.
Love Wayne

4:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home