From a first time blogger, thoughts about life from an American missionary now living in the US after years in Russia and doing a lot of back and forth. Family stuff, Christian content, sports innuendo and lots of quotes from good books.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

6 Days In

We're on day number 6 of the Aidan Invasion. We love it. Calm in a way our other two sons were not when born and able to navigate the rough waters of fingers in the face, constant rubbing, shouting, and dropping of toys, Aidan has set the example around here the last week for just kinda chillin' and not getting quite so worked up about stuff as we often do. Atta boy Aidan.

Praise the Lord, I am back pain free again. I feel great. HUGE kudos to Dr. Randy Mayfield of the Mayfield Chiropractic Clinic. While mine is a lifelong condition, he's got me down to just twice a week visits to see him and I walk, sit, and can play with my boys with no pain. I'm not allowed to play basketball as jumping and landing are not what I need but, honestly, I've played enough basketball for 9 lives. I really don't/won't miss it.

I took Benjamin (my oldest son, 5 1/2) to see Dr. Mayfield yesterday. Predictably, he's got the same genetic disorder I do. It is a malformation of the left leg meaning it is somewhere near an inch shorter than the right leg which leads to back issues on down the road. Lucky for Benja, we caught it early, have insteps in his shoes and he'll go once a week to get adjustments with me and, hopefully, within 3-4 years, he'll be good as new. Nate and Aidan have a 90% chance of the having the same thing so we'll get them checked out when each of them turn 4. Se la vie!

Yesterday was November 1 and it was 81 degrees here in Atlanta. That ain't right. That just ain't right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

How sweet to hold a new born baby! He is precious, of course you don't need me to tell you that. Good news, the cold front is coming. We will get it a few hours before you here in Alabama, but I am so ready. There are no clothes to wear when it is 80 plus in November!!

2:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home