From a first time blogger, thoughts about life from an American missionary now living in the US after years in Russia and doing a lot of back and forth. Family stuff, Christian content, sports innuendo and lots of quotes from good books.

Friday, August 13, 2004

We Lost A Good One

My grandmother died 36 hours ago. Being on the other side of the world, I obviously was not there. My mother was though and was able to read the 23rd Psalm to her as she passed. Thankfully, my family will be able to attend her funeral on Monday in Atlanta and for that we are very grateful.

My grandmother was a very ordinary woman from the perspective of the world. She was born in 1911, outlived two husbands, one child and one grand daughter. She was the best "old person" friend I've ever had. To those in our family she was truly amazing. She taught me what perseverance is by her example. I never heard an unkind word come out of her mouth and her desire to serve and love on others made her a favorite of everyone who knew her.

"G'ma" left this earth to be somewhere far better. No longer blind, crippled or ill, I am just a wee little bit jealous of the view of "all this" she has now. May she enjoy her new home and may we all be reunited when God is good and ready.

I'm thinking a lot about my mom right now. She was my grandmothers arms, legs and eyes the last few years of her life. Adjusting to no longer being any of those that will a challenge.

Bye bye G'ma. See you soon! Soon indeed....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home