From a first time blogger, thoughts about life from an American missionary now living in the US after years in Russia and doing a lot of back and forth. Family stuff, Christian content, sports innuendo and lots of quotes from good books.

Friday, August 13, 2004

And They Weren't Even Believers!

Saw something yesterday worth mentioning...

While walking into a bank, I saw out of the corner of my eye two women hunched down over a drunk man passed out in the grass (very common to see drunk men passed out in public in Russia in the summer but, oddly, never in the winter). I looked just long enough to make me even more curious.

When I came out of the bank, I all out stared. I approached them and saw that they had washed the man's face and were now giving him a rather nice shave with a modern chordless razor. I asked the obvious question - "Why?" They answered, "what a surprise it will be when he wakes up and finds himself cleanly shaven." Good point, I thought.

As I walked toward my car, I turned and called back, "are you ladies believers?" to which they replied, "No, just nice people."

Draw your own conclusions. I sure am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home