From a first time blogger, thoughts about life from an American missionary now living in the US after years in Russia and doing a lot of back and forth. Family stuff, Christian content, sports innuendo and lots of quotes from good books.

Friday, July 30, 2004

Dems and A "New" Language

Just watched John Kerry's acceptance speech.  I heard Bible, faith and God mentioned by a party that I don't normally associate with those things.  Better yet, I heard an enthusiastic response from the delegates when those things were said.  Sure some of it is an effort to reach marginalized Republicans but still it was said at a National Democratic Convention.  That was refreshing.

Less and less, I put faith in our political system though I believe it to be the best one out there.  While not apolitical, I just don't think the Kingdom of God will advance that way.  Through power?  Yes.   Through politics?  No.

Living in Russia and knowing just a little of the people's history and make up here makes me realize that we can never expect the government to lead us where only God can.  Waiting for the government to come around to God's desires is a long wait indeed, not only here in Russia, but in America and every other land as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home