From a first time blogger, thoughts about life from an American missionary now living in the US after years in Russia and doing a lot of back and forth. Family stuff, Christian content, sports innuendo and lots of quotes from good books.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ouch! That Hurts!!!



Friday night in Athens, GA, I separated my shoulder working out. I actually fell into a perfect jujitsu roll got up and kept running the drill I was doing. About ten seconds later I knew something was wrong. The picture you see here is a pretty good description of what happened. It's not dislocated but it is separated. I'm in a sling for 4-5 weeks and will learn more from a surgeon tomorrow of what all more I'll need in order to heal up.

With all the conviction I've been under the last 3 months about working out, healthy eating and so on, I am reminded that I never separated my shoulder while eating chips on the couch watching football. Hmmmm....

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh Rob! I'm sooo sorry!!! So, lesson learned is being healthy is dangerous! :) I hope it heals quickly! Will be saying prayers for you!

8:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who in the world suggested such an exercise to a 6'7 man aged 40?

I am pretty sure, rolling and other acrobatics should stop under 5'11.
Hope you recover soon!

7:24 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

Oh my goodness!! Bless your heart! =(

9:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home