From a first time blogger, thoughts about life from an American missionary now living in the US after years in Russia and doing a lot of back and forth. Family stuff, Christian content, sports innuendo and lots of quotes from good books.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

4 years ago today


Well today is a day that will always, for the rest of my life, be bittersweet. Bitter in that my dear father died 4 years ago today but oh so sweet in that Nate was born 7 years ago today. I'm glad Dad is where he is but I just miss him a lot. At 40 I could sure use a 70 year old dad at times.

Nate is all the a 7 year old truly should be - funny, curious, busy, skinned up knees, into sports, loves his mommy and is a bit of a clown too. Dad would love Nate no matter how he is but he would love him especially as he is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

AWW, Happy Birthday to dear Nate today!! It's a special day, isn't it? I can't believe he's 7 and I can't believe your dad died 4 years ago! Wow! I wish we could come celebrate/remember with y'all in person! Hug each other for us..especially the birthday boy! Love you guys!

12:51 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

I'm sorry you're sad but glad you're happy. Nate is just beautiful- always has been. =)
And I love your thoughts on Resolutions- very clever. =)

9:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home